Tuesday, May 5, 2009

If this lady snags clients, I'm changing strategies!

I just posted about foreign spammers when the email below came through to my in-box. It was not caught by spam filters, which could prompt people to think it is legitimate. Truly, though, how could anyone think this is legitimate? If this woman gets someone to help her, them I just might alter my marketing strategies!

Here's the email, exactly as it was sent to me:

Beloved One,
Please i am very sorry for the inconveniences and embarrassments this may cause you. My name is Miss Linda Yarah, 20 years and single from Abidjan , Cote d'Ivoire in West Africa. The only surviving daughter Of Mr Williams Yarah who dealed on Gold and diamonds during his days Before he was shot my an assassins hired by his brother on his business Trip to Ethiopia on the 20th of August 2008. My mother and my only brother happened to be a victim in the incident while I was schooling In France . I read Mechanical Engineering in school and will send you my BIODATA and Pictures.Honestly, I am in serious agony and pains since the death of my parents. Meanwhile a week before the incident took place, we had a family meeting and my late father informed us that he deposited the sum of USD$8.500.000.00 (Eight Million, five hundred thousand US dollars) in one of the Invesments banks in our country.Now I want you to help me provide an account where this money will be transferred into for an investment in your country. I will offer you 50% of the total amount for helping me and use the other 50% for an investment in your country after my Education. I will give you the contact of the bank director who will give you more information and directives on how you will receive the money in your account. I have discussed with him on my plans to transfer the money into your account and he supported the idea so that my wicked uncle will not locate me and kill me. Waiting to hear from you quickly with your telephone number where I can call you for more details.
Thanks Miss Linda Yarah.

While I'm tempted to say, "Whoever falls for that gets what they deserve!" sympathy for the feelings they will have upon realizing the truth are more prevalent.

I would hate it if my clients felts betrayed, scammed, or disappointed by my services. Yet, some sales reps employ similar tactics and have a similar lack of concern for others as Miss Linda's author. If that spammer gets clients, I won't really alter my strategies. After all, I rely on clients for positive word-of-mouth and repeat business. I want to see people I contact again.

No comments:

Post a Comment